About the Author of this communiqué
My name is Akshat Saxena, from IT 3rd year (June 2008 passout), SGSITS. I had spent a full day at Amdocs on 12/3/07, and the following is based on what I learnt there.
For service providers, Amdocs is a leading industry expert and a trusted advisor that enables and accelerates the journey to integrated customer management and the delivery of an intentional customer experience.
enable the world’s leading services companies to build stronger, more profitable customer relationships.
Amdocs was founded in 1982 as a Yellow Page printing company and since then it has grown rapidly. Even its development centre in India has grown within three years of its establishment to 2500 employees serving clients from all over the world.
Amdocs started its IPO in 1998 and stepped into the outsourcing world in the very next year. Again in the year 2000, it started the IP billing and started acquisitions from next year to increase its strength and working domain. In the last five years it has acquired major companies like Clarify (from Norton), Xchange , Carten, XACCT, DST, Q-POD, Cramer and Sigvalue which help amdocs became an undisputed leader in the Telecommunication service software domain.
Amdocs holds the #1 position in billing and CRM products and services to communication service providers. It is a leading provider of CRM to Financial services, high technology and manufacturing companies etc.
In the fiscal year 2006, amdocs generated a revenue of $ 2.48 Billion which is 22% up from previous year.
Approximately $ 160 Million in fiscal year 2006.
Amdocs have clients across 50 countries of the world including giants like Sprint , AT & T, Bell, SigTel, Seimens, BEA, Vodafone etc serving around 500,000,000 end customers and having more than 16000 employees worldwide. They focus on large revenue customers.
A social responsibility club for the education of orphans and their betterment
Goal: To become #1 provider of Integrated Customer Services
CEO : Mr. Dov Baharov
What Amdocs offers :
· Internal Job Posting: Internal reassignment opportunity to any amdocs location worldwide after completion of 18 months of service, based on job openings within the company.
· Project Specific overseas training
· Opportunity to work with clients across the globe
· Six week induction program
· Open door policy
· Public recognition
· Amdocs club for recreation of employees
· An excellent Gym
· For 2007 passouts, Gross salary of INR 360,000 per annum (may be revised for 2008 joinees)
· Variable bonus given each January
· Other rewards and bonus based on performance
· One time settling allowance of INR 20,000 (for Non-Pune candidates)
· Settling loan of INR 40,000 (for Non-Pune candidates)
· 15 days of Hotel stay in Pune (for Non-Pune candidates)
· Reimbursement of travel expenses to Pune in actuals
§ Medical insurance for self, spouse, children ( worth 2 Lac)
§ Life insurance, personal accident insurance for employees
§ Subsidized lunch
§ Free morning evening snacks
§ Free transportation
§ Amdocs club( Gym, Pool, Trekking, Music, Sports)
· Emphasis on Training
· Well defined career paths and performance appraisal
· Cross cultural exposure
· Competitive Compensation Package
· No Bonds
Salary Structure ( Break Up)
§ Basic Salary INR 144,000
§ HRA INR 72,000
§ Special Allowance INR 84,101
§ Conveyance Allowance INR 9,600
§ Leave Travel allowance INR 12,000
§ Medical Reimbursement INR 15,000
§ PF INR 17,280
§ Gratuity ( 4.18 % of Basic) INR 6,019
Total INR 360,000
What Amdocs expects from Candidates
Strong proficiency in the following areas:
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Oracle/SQL : Amdocs is a leader in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and Billing sector and thus expects individuals to have command over database concepts and SQL
· Unix : Amdocs expects us to have good understanding and working knowledge of Unix/Linux OS along with shell commands etc. Concepts are important rather than mere Shell programming.
· Pseudo Codes: A person must know how to solve a problem written in some English sentences and vice versa rather than having a technical problem definition.
· C : Every software expert is required to have knowledge about C with pointers, functions etc.
· Knowledge of Java will be of an advantage.
· Application : Amdocs wants that people must be thorough with their concepts and must also know how to apply those concepts to problem solving.
· Eligibility: MCA, UG/PG of Comp/IT/E&TC With 60% aggr and no pending backlogs. (Whether E&I will be included – this is not yet confirmed).
My own (Akshat Saxena’s) opinion:
Friends , merely appearing for a company is no good if you appear for the sake of appearing. You must prove your potential which will help you to succeed in your coming years and for that some effort on your part is desired. So, start is important and I think it’s a high time to start your preparations. So friends, please make an early start to get a decent reward and most important be true to yourself.
The 80/20 Rule about Telecom Industry:
About 20% of the jobs are in core telecom technology whereas 80% of the jobs are in services for the telecom technology users. (Amdocs focuses on this 80% slice.)
The Amdocs facility at Magarpatta City (Pune) is excellent. Per person, they have 14 sq ft of cubicle space, which is 40% more than the legal requirement is of 10 sq.ft. per person. That is like flying Business Class (vs. Economy Class). (These data are not official figure, but are based on some candid conversations)